ThreadCity.com

ThreadCity.com Homepage

If you have photos and would like to see them here, Contact Us


Home ::
Album list :: Search


Pic of the Week


1-12-17aa.jpg

Gallery 01 - Main St.


Main Street-1938.jpg

Gallery 02 - Main St. Postcards


25-4.jpg

Gallery 03 - Willimantic


pic3w.jpg

Gallery 04 - Willi Spots


pic4v.jpg

Gallery 05 - Footbridge


footbridge-z.jpg

Gallery 06 - Postcard Series


pica6.jpg

Gallery 07 - Businesses - Pre 1930


pow-12-01-16.jpg

Gallery 08 - Businesses - Post 1930


12-8-2016 a.jpg

Gallery 09 - Early Scenes


10-2-14pow.jpg

Gallery 10 - Buildings


2-18-2016-pow.JPG

Gallery 11 - Churches - Religious


7-30-2015-POW.jpg

56 albums on 5 page(s) 1

Random files
willi63-22.jpg
Close
Filename=willi63-22.jpg Filesize=179KB Dimensions=1024x627 Date added=Jun 30, 2011
Willimantic - Summer, 1963
sl3.jpg
Close
Filename=sl3.jpg Filesize=614KB Dimensions=1568x1020 Date added=Oct 17, 2013
Baseball Game at Windham FieldHere we see a crowd of people attending a baseball game at Windham Field. Memorial Park was originally known as Windham Field, and served for many years as the home of the Willimantic Colts, the city's professional baseball team. The stadium was removed in 1917, and the field was landscaped to memorialize those from Willimantic who died during World War One. Pic of the Week October 10, 2013
pow-06-28-12.jpg
Close
Filename=pow-06-28-12.jpg Filesize=221KB Dimensions=720x440 Date added=Jun 28, 2012
Rev. Francis Mulville's FuneralPic of the Week - June 28, 2012
Father Francis X. Mulville was extremely community oriented and was a member of several organizations and groups. They included the Knights of Columbus, the Montgomery Hose Company and the Willimantic Gun Club. As evidenced by the picture postcard, a large group gathered at the Willimantic Train Station. At Willimantic, the officers of the Montgomery Hose Company boarded the train and accompanied the body, "to its last resting place at Simsbury".

stan-mem-2b.jpg
Close
Filename=stan-mem-2b.jpg Filesize=781KB Dimensions=504x1152 Date added=Feb 10, 2013
City Drug Store BottleThe City Drug Store was started by Dennis Shea. James Courtney took over when he bought the building from Dennis Shea. Joseph H. Lockwood, who owned several drug stores, bought the store from the Courtney estate and, a year later, sold it to Eugene Curran and William Flynn in 1919. At that time, it became the Curran and Flynn Drug Store. Interestingly enough, in 1892 a fellow by the name of Timothy Shea went to a doctor for a prescription for liquor but was refused. Later, he saw the doctor at City Drug and threw a bottle at him. The bottle missed the doctor but broke several of the City Drug bottles. (Photo courtesy of Stan)
3987-High and Prospect.JPG
Close
Filename=3987-High and Prospect.JPG Filesize=325KB Dimensions=2048x1753 Date added=Nov 26, 2015
stan-mem-h-tc.jpg
Close
Filename=stan-mem-h-tc.jpg Filesize=975KB Dimensions=1440x608 Date added=Feb 16, 2013
Vegiard Pharmacy Bottle (2)
'38-eves-6.jpg
Close
Filename='38-eves-6.jpg Filesize=345KB Dimensions=2048x1115 Date added=Sep 21, 2014
Roselin Mfg. - 95 Milk StreetPhoto courtesy of The Mill Museum. See their website at http://www.millmuseum.org/
mills-tc-2.jpg
Close
Filename=mills-tc-2.jpg Filesize=106KB Dimensions=1024x699 Date added=Apr 23, 2012